View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I wrote my book in Sigil for a clean ePUB. But it's annoying to me that only B&N will take it. Amazon's conversion tool is not very good if you have PNG images (the transparent parts go black), and while Calibre met my needs picture-wise, there's simply no way (that I could find) to tweak the final output manually. Frustrating!

I'm paying 52 Novels (JA Konrath's formatter) to take my ePUB and get me a word doc that I can upload to Smashwords because I want a "perfect" conversion (i.e., I want the Smashwords ePUB to match my initial PUB exactly), but even 52 Novels can't promise me that -- they can just promise close enough.

52 Novels is also doing my CreateSpace word doc because they have their OWN conversion process. At least in the case of CreateSpace, since it's a physical book, that makes a modicum of sense. *sigh*

Feedbooks actually expects you to write your novel (or copy and paste it) into their web browser directly. No. Just... no.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote