View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:01 AM   #6
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
There have also been problems with the Apple Pay systems. Two major pharmacy chains are ceasing use of Apple Pay
I wouldn't actually call it as much a problem, as a shift in payment systems. Macrumors describe it pretty well:
Quote:
The reason behind Rite Aid's and CVS's moves to disable unofficial Apple Pay support in their stores is presumably related to their participation in Merchant Customer Exchange (MCX), a retailer group developing its own mobile payments system known as CurrentC.
Apple has shown that it is influential enough to move markets, so it makes sense from a business POW to hinder them, if you are on the opposing team.

Only time can tell who will come out victorous, or if consumers are the big loosers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
As much as the new iPads are advertised everywhere it is surprising they are not doing good. Or do they not do good and that is why they need this aggressive marketing? Do number of sales actually go down or just the marketshare shrinking - or both. Did not see anything about it in the article.
That, and the fact that the market is simply saturated. My iPad 2 is still going strong as ever, and works as it should. The flood of cheap Android tablets has goofed up the remainder of the market, so by now, it is only replacements that are being bought. Heck, even my mom has an iPad!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote