View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugius View Post
From my point of view, this brick happens during a recent firmware upgrade, I don't believe possible a hardware problem for now.
You are not providing enough information.

Please post *exactly* what you did, and *how* you produced the information that you are attaching.

Examples:
1a: I rebooted the Kindle with a serial cable, and here is a dump of the serial connection.
1b: I put the Kindle into USB downloader mode, then started this_and_that image, then did this_and_that, and here's what I got.

Specifically concerning Kubrick: exactly how did you get to notice the "crc error while writing to mmcblk" ? Kubrick does not offer anything at that level of detail, fastboot does not offer anything at that level of detail. Are you using a serial console?

But all that said: the device was misbehaving to the point of bricking, and Kubrick didn't help, and you get a CRC error while writing to the mmc device: yes, it's a hardware problem.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote