View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #59
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Before, after: makes no never-mind as long as it is good before conversion.

Modify EPUB is gentle on my adjustments so running that after is still good
Ah, thanks for clarifying. So, clarifying the terminology I used above, you:
add books, then download and edit metadata, then assess/convert/fix format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I always update the metadata first - so that I can sort and search on it, even if its not 100% (is it ever) its better than nothing.

Then I worry about the content - converting, getting rid of accumulated dross, pettifying [sic] etc.

BR
So BR and theducks use choice 2.

-----
General workflow order. When processing new books into calibre, do you:
1. add books, then assess/convert/fix format, then download/edit metadata? or,
2. add books, then download/edit metadata, then assess/convert/fix format? or,
3. assess/convert/fix format outside calibre, then add books, then download/edit metadata?

Last edited by unboggling; 12-03-2013 at 07:04 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote