View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #15596
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I've just started on 'The Hunger Games' and yet to see what all the fuss was about. I keep thinking that perhaps I'll stop and switch to something else, but have been pushing on, hoping it will get better.
Stitchawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
I just finished Cannery Row and began Shogun by James Clavell
That is one of my 'All Time Best Books!' ('Noble House' was #2) I hope you find it as enjoyable as I did. From there, read 'Taipan,' then 'King Rat,' and finally 'Noble House.' Taipan is a historical fiction of the founding of Hong Kong, laying the ground work for Noble House. "King Rat" is set in Changi Prison Camp during WWII and introduces two characters who play an important role later in 'Noble House.' And in 'Noble House' you will meet a young woman named after a relative you met in 'Shogun!'

Quote:
How far in are you?
I thought that series was quite good, but again, I'm not a seasoned reader anyway, the books present an interesting scenario.
I'm at about 200 pages. It's keeping me reading but I doubt I'll read the last two books. Unless there is some sort of wild plot shift, I feel as if I know exactly where the story is headed.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote