View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #17
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Hello BookCat - just found this thread. Maybe another thing to try is short bites rather than a long novel.

As you like humour, read some James Thurber, who makes me laugh out loud however often I read him.

And something like the "Mapp and Lucia" omnibus by E F Benson (look in our mobileread library for it) can be read and savoured a chapter at a time. It's quite delicious and I am eternally grateful to issybird for recommending it in another thread about humour. How could I have got so far through life without having read any E F Benson until now?

I think historical fiction and classics might be a bit too "heavy" in your present situation. Light romance could be an option of course. How about Mary Stewart?
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote