View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #52
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The Legend of Ellie Quin by Alex Scarrow - free Kindle UK and US for next three days

My son and I are huge fans of Simon Scarrow's Eagle books, so we belong to the Scarrow brothers forum. I just got this e-mail from Alex, Simon's brother. It's dated yesterday, so the four free days probably means three by now - it's 8 am, 12/25, US Pacific time right now.

Quote:
Chances are that if you've got this email you've read one of my books or Simon's, liked it enough to come and register on our forum - so hopefully this doesn't feel like too spammy an email.

I'm mailing out to ask a favour. If you have a quiet moment after all the xmas pressies have been opened, would you be prepared to click the link at the bottom? It links through to my first self-published ebook, ELLIE QUIN. By clicking through and, if you're interested, downloading the book (for free today, and the next four days) you'll help spike the books ratings and hopefully get it on Amazon's top 100. Which will put it in full view of millions of potential Kindle owners.

This email shot is my one chance to leverage 'scarrow fan support'. I hope this unsolicited request isn't too much of an irritation.and if so, then I apologise.

So then, here's the link;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ellie-Quin-B.../dp/B00AHG46Y8

Thank you, and Merry Christmas one and all.

Alex Scarrow
I think I've gotten this down to the minimum link that will work, but if there's still an affiliate tag in it, hopefully someone who knows more about this can fix it.

Also free in the Amazon US store, again hope I've gotten the affiliate tags (if any) out:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+of+ellie+quin

BTW, although this one is self-pubbed, Alex Scarrow's Timeriders series is published by Puffin (part of Penguin, I think?) and Walker Children's, so not a total out-of-left-field...

Last edited by sufue; 12-25-2012 at 12:23 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote