View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I don't believe the reader is meant to hold that many books on the device. Why do you need all 5000 on it at once?
So far, all manufacturer product pages for e-readers I've seen have mentioned being able to carry thousands of books or your entire library as a feature. If they're going to claim that, their products should darn well be capable of doing so without severe performance penalty.

@engyroz
If you're working with DRM-free ebooks, then don't use the default Sony Reader. Try Calibre, instead. Works like a charm and the automated collections feature is a God-send. You can also copy DRM'ed ebooks to your reader via Calibre but you would still need either Sony Reader for PC or Adobe Digital Editions to download the DRM'ed ebook.

One thing I've noticed with Calibre, indexing on the device appears to go by faster if I use Calibre to send the ebooks to the device than if I just use simple file copy to the internal memory. I reckon this is because Calibre already adds the ebooks to the device database so the device only needs to check if the files and database match.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote