View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #90
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Perhaps the video game metaphor does demonstrate some of the consequences of
exclusivity. I've played "Computer Games", off and on, pretty much since they first
appeared. I do not buy "Console Video Games". If the game is only available on a
game console then I won't be buying it, until or unless it is released for the PC.

For the kind of games that I like, the PC is a much better platform, and there is just
the opposite of "exclusivity" as to what PCs the game will play on.

The game makers are well aware of the separate markets this situation has created.
Most, independent studios will try for the least "exclusivity" and provide the game in
a format for as many platforms, including the more open PC format, as they can.

What if "Angry Birds" only played on "Kindle Fire"? Would Angry Birds be as big a hit?
Would it attract some people to the Kindle Fire? Who would benefit, Amazon or the
Angry Birds creators? Would those willing to buy the game, but have other devices,
decide that they had to purchase Kindle Fire, or would they look for other options?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote