View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #10
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadion View Post
I loaded both A and B firmware. For me, there was no rejection when I loaded A++ firmware. First, I had loaded A++ firmware and then loaded B firmware. I think B is better cause it has awesome flash player. But, my second trial to load B firmware from original firmware failed. So, I guess original --> A++ --> B is the right path to load B. Chinese firmware has a font choice option for txt files. To use your fonts, save your fonts under 'fonts' directory of the root directory of your SD. Remember, when you load A or B firmware, choose 3rd language for system font.
Thanks for your response! I'm not sure I need the flash player, but what other features did you see between A+ and B? Note that the original A (not A+) will not load. I think that one of the firmwares (B, maybe?) lets you follow PDF and HTML links? If you were successful with A->B then maybe I'll try it again, hmm...

I will try out the fonts.

Here are the text-to-speech options:
-Chinese or English
-Male or Female Voice
-Change of volume
-Change of speed
-Random wacky effects: Eccentric, Wander, Echo, Robot, Chorus, Underwater
-Continuous page turns an option, or read only when you turn the page

All of the above options can be changed on the fly from within a book. I'm not sure what the TTS quality of other eBook readers is, but this seems pretty typical as far as computer-robotic reading goes.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote