View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Check on dithering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Nice price point (matches the Jetbook)

you mention no flash to black though, on my sonys and on the kindle, the page can have portions change withoug flashing to black, but it comes at a cost of bad dithering, the edges of the text are hard and not smooth, and are rarely even, and without the entire screen refresh you get that "looking through a page" effect where you can still make out what was on the page really bad.

theses new screens do better?
Dear Andy:

Thank you for the comments!!

I will have to check when the first two samples arrive. Kindle uses Mobipocket which is not supposed to be all that fabulous. The Pocket PRO comes pre-ported with Adobe Digital Editions and can also have Fictionwise eReader format added.

I will tell you honestly in a post as soon as I can.

Last edited by Robertb; 06-01-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote