View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
My point was that Samsung doesn't have to share the patents, they just have to manufacture the screens for other devices. Would the discussion be different if the division that makes screens would be separated from the rest of Samsung?

I would expect the company to try to make the most profit from of the patent. The iPhone 5 doesn't have the best specs and it still sells. I don't see why you would think that the next model not having the most durable screen would change the minds of many.
Your point being that Velcro didn't make a profit by keeping hook fabric fastenings in house only for the duration of the patent I supose?

You are brilliant!

I never realised before that it was impossible to maximize profit unless you maximise licensing to competitors who have far less in house manufactoring capacity than you do. Truly, you are a wonder.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote