View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #17
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
A few weeks ago I finally got a Kindle and 2011 will be the year of the ebooks. I have already amassed quite a collection. I've always been an avid reader since the time I learned to read, and I'm very much looking forward to getting back to that. As for concrete goals:

Read 100 books OR 200,000 pages. I decided to make a list, not to plan but just to have a selection of candidates to make choosing easier as I go along, kind of a "most likely to read sooner" list. There are already 135 on that list, and currently 68 of them are 300+ pages, so I decided today that it may be better to track pages too. The minimum for the challenge is 150 pages.

Explore new authors. With the deals and freebies available, this will be so much easier than it was with pbooks.

Write reviews. I've always pretty much sucked at writing reviews for some reason, so I stopped trying. I'm going to work on that. Anyone want to volunteer to be my editor?

Mostly, just enjoy reading again.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote