View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
Publishing was in decline long before ebooks came around, or even the internet. As if that analysis weren't dumb enough, the author goes on to say "Amazon killed browsing. You go on, you find the book you wanted, you pay, and you leave. So instead of buying five books, you buy just one."

Killed browsing? Has this guy ever used Amazon?

I buy far more books now than I ever did before I got my ereader. A quick look through my book shelves shows me that I regularly purchase 2 or 3 books at a time. I can't remember doing that very often with paper books.
Also I visit Amazon or Kobobooks at least 3 or 4 times every week. I used to go to a bookstore once a week at most.
For me it's much easier to buy books now - I can do it in my pyjamas at midnight if I want to.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote