View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtrovert View Post
Hello everybody!

Since I got my Kindle 4 NT I've been browsing this forum for methods to add custom screensavers. For the old firmware the method with the RUNME.sh and the tar.gz folder worked fine, but then I got my Kindle replaced (one of the buttons didn't work properly), and first thing I updated the 'new' Kindle to FW 4.1.0. Then I noticed that the screensaver hack didn't work anymore. -.-
I don't think I'm able to JB the Kindle myself, so has anyone a method where I don't need to jailbreak the whole thing? Like the one I used earlier? (I read some threads about the new FW, but apparently nobody updated with no hack installed before...)..

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Tina
Look here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind..._on_the_kindle

I don't think, you need jailbreak for this, but you need ssh access (search wiki).
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote