View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #13
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
The internet terminals are full, there's some sort of meeting going on the in the public conference room, and people are browsing the DVD racks, but there aren't many wandering the book aisles.
Spot on. Same at my library.

However, there is a virtual wall of bookshelves with reserved books for folks to pick up on their own and check out using the self-service machines across the aisle. Modern libraries with digital search, reserve and checkout are a whole different animal than what I grew up with.

I'm in there maybe 5 minutes at a time. I think most of the folks that spend time there do so for other purposes than books.

The Kindle can give a very similar experience to what you can get at the library - without the computer reservation, going to the library to get the books, etc.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote