View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 01:37 AM   #44
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genre fan View Post
If I wander across the border to Montreal and buy a T3, will I be able to access the sony reader store just as for a device sold in the US?

You who have gotten T3 devices from Canada to the USA, are they giving you access to your existing accounts, are they interfacing well for you with wi-fi, have you been able to buy from the reader store on the device or not?

I am very tempted to take a little drive, get some pastries, buy some Christmas presents for the family, and come away with a T3. The price is good and customs should be duty free for the first $200 (or $400?) spent in a day trip, unless they changed the rules...
Yes it works perfectly fine. The device itself asks you if you're in the US or Canada. There's nothing that will prohibit it from working in the US with your existing US based account. I have my account in the US but am in Canada. It works no different than any other Sony reader actually bought in the US.

You register it to your existing account. You can download all previous content right from the device.

Why wouldn't a device work on wifi when in another country? You're only using wifi to connect to your existing account on the device no different than when you take it with you on vacation regardless of where you bought it.

Go for a drive & if possible, go tomorrow. Get thee to a Best Buy or Future Shop. They're selling the one with the cover for $99.99 instead of $129.99 and the one without for $79.99 instead of $99.99. That sale ends on Dec. 19th.

If you know where you're going, go to Best Buy's Canadian website, find the item you want and reserve it for pickup in the store at the location of your choice. They'll hold it for you for 24 hours & send email confirmation that it's waiting for you. Go for a drive & grab it & enjoy! That's actually a very nice feature that the US Best Buy stores don't have.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote