View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
greektardis
greektardis has much to be proud ofgreektardis has much to be proud ofgreektardis has much to be proud ofgreektardis has much to be proud ofgreektardis has much to be proud ofgreektardis has much to be proud ofgreektardis has much to be proud ofgreektardis has much to be proud ofgreektardis has much to be proud ofgreektardis has much to be proud ofgreektardis has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Dxi 2.5.8
Kindle Dx as a second monitor problem

Hi everyone!

I am a writer director who works a lot in front of a monitor and I am trying a hack by tinyapps.org (http://tinyapps.org/docs/e-ink-monitor.html) to make my kindle dxi as a second monitor.

I have followed all the instructions up to step 3c. When I issue from my mac (terminal) the command|: telnet 192.1687.2.2. It replies "unable to connect"

My mac has recognized Kindle as a RDNIS network device and I have assigned the values IPv4:192.168.2.1 and Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 on mac's network preferences.

I have also copied Kindle VNC viewer to the storage root of my kindle and installed Vine Server on Mac which is running with the right values on.... (and installed of course usbnetwork and jailbreak)

But it still says "unable to connect"...

Please help!
greektardis is offline   Reply With Quote