View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #117
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Version 1.3.3

Another update!

This version introduces exactly one new feature, and exactly one tiny fix.

The new feature is that "filters" (hide invisible items from home, show collections only) can now be limited to the lower pane, instead of applying to both panes. This new option is accessible from the menu, and is disabled by default. You may find it useful when you want to quickly (manually) organize books into collections. The reason why filters can be restricted to the lower pane (instead of to the upper one) is that this makes it possible to combine the filter function with the search function: You could use the search function from the menu bar to quickly find books by author (in the upper pane), while keeping the list of collections in the lower pane.

The tiny fix mentioned above concerns the naming of the search bar: It is now "Title / Author" (instead of "Title"), which more precisely describes its semantics.

Note that because of the new option, the translations need to be minimally revised.
Spoiler:

The english and german ones are up-to-date. You may need to be a bit creative with the naming for this one, because there isn't a terrible lot of space for the entry. For instance, the german translation uses "2nd" instead of "lower" panel to make the text fit into the box...

Edit: only the "filter.loweronly" key has been newly added, nothing else has changed. For "non-official" translators: you can probably simply update your existing posts (and leave a message in the thread, if you want to). For "official" translations: since this applies to french and spanish only ATM, it's probably easiest to just send me a PM with that one new translation string, and I'll push it to the repository and update the post.

Finally, @yiming: I think I have reproduced the bug with the search box disappearing. It happens when the device has entered sleep mode, and is woken up again. It can be triggered by manually pushing the power button twice with Collections Manager open. For the time being, I'll leave this as a "known bug", but I'm looking into it, and will try to find a solution. In the mean time, just don't let the device hang around idle for too long while having Collections Manager open

Last edited by ixtab; 08-31-2012 at 08:48 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote