View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #10
MissKittiness
Achievement Unlocked!
MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MissKittiness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipplej View Post
Thanks for the advice although I do have an editor and a professional proofreader. There is a slight difference between the process of editing a book mutiple times and me typing up a post on here. Im not sure but it sounds like your criticising my grammar or something in my posts but am unsure why you feel the need to do so. Im not sure the relevance or need of saying 'in the same fashion'.

After 300 hours of blood sweat and tears of working on a book I dont really need negativity. I dont mind people judging my book and giving an opinion on whether they love it or hate it as thats welcome feedback. I also dont really see how anyone can say its a spin off of Groundhog Day who hast read any of it! Not to mention the fact that you can pick any bestseller and say that it similar to many other books. Hunger Games, 50 Shades, etc are not in the slightest bit original. Doesnt mean people wont read them! In fact Hunger Games is so similar to Battle Royale its incredible.

At least three London literay agents have told me my book is highly original although very few are signing new authors. But like I say, I respect your opinion just not the "fashion" in which you seem to offer it.
If you only want feedback which strokes your ego, then I suggest that you ask your close personal friends for their opinion, rather than opening yourself up to a forum full of strangers. You asked for feedback and opinions, and I've provided it: if your current grammar is similar to that of your book, it will not be well-written. If your synopsis is an accurate description of the plot of your book in any way, then it will just look like yet another Groundhog Day ripoff.

Not everybody is going to like your book, and if you think that I'm rude, you've got a long thing coming when some of the GoodReads reviewers get their hands on your book.
MissKittiness is offline   Reply With Quote