View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
YvetteDownunder
YvetteDownunder began at the beginning.

Device: yvettedownunder@gmail.com
Multiple libraries I don't want!

I bought a Kobo a couple of months ago. They are quite new to Australia and I made the choice between it and the Kindle because a major bookstore chain was the sole distributor here and I thought that would be good.

That distributor - Borders - and its subsidiary Angus & Robertson (who have also started stocking both ereaders and ebooks) have since gone into voluntary liquidation only a week after I bought my Kobo!

My problem is, I have bought books via the Kobo.com store, from the Borders.com.au store and the Angus and Robertson store and all are perfect and just as they should be - but I can't have them all on the Kobo (physically or online) in one place! I have to open up each corresponding desktop app and resync the reader, which then replaces the books from store A with the ones from store B! I even end up with one set of books on my ereader and another on my Blackberry app and I suspect I could have a third on my desktop app if I didn't sync! I don't lose my books, I just can't access them until I swap back.

This is all fine as long as I am content to read one book to the end and then swap libraries but that defeats the whole point of having all your books in one place!

Can anyone help? Is it something I have setup wrong or a glitch in the system? Do I need to pick one store and stick with it, even if they don't both have the titles I want? Can I not access sales without losing my current read?

Confused in Melbourne
YvetteDownunder is offline   Reply With Quote