View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
There is an old saying among my pals who work in information technology (IT), "If you need tech support at all you have just bought the wrong product". In all my years of IT I have never called tech support ever, the product just works.
I'm in IT, and I've called tech support, however usually it is because of a service failure. For instance, last night me and my girlfriend were watching a streaming TV show from Netflix when my internet connection died. If I don't call tech support, they often are unaware of the failure.

The only time I've called tech support related to a product and not a service, is when I've received a defective product. The last time for that was in 2004, when I was building a new system, and one of the cables for the motherboard was bad (had a burn through the center of the ribbon cable, where something obviously hadn't gone through the manufacturing process correctly). I called up tech support, and after 45 minutes I hung up on them, and got a cable on my own. The tech support center was in Taiwan, and the people I spoke to couldn't understand "I have a defective IDE cable. It is damaged. I want a replacement.", and kept prompting me to go through steps from a script in highly broken english to "solve the problem".
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote