View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Alternatives to DR800

Given what seems to be the perpetual delay of the 800, I'm curious as to what people are thinking about as an alternative? I was looking at the pictures and specs on the upcoming Asus DR-950 and it certainly looks pretty nice. It has a 9 inch screen, but a case size not much bigger (about 23% by area) than the 800. It's quite a bit smaller than the Kindle DX (about 26% by area) and has a capacitive touch screen which is said to not diminish the display quality like the resistive displays on the Sony's. Pictures can be found at:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/22/a...wilds-of-asus/

As much as I like the 800, my confidence level that it is actually going to be released anytime soon is diminishing quickly. With that come concerns on the viability of Irex as a company. The Asus is looking pretty good on paper, but since it is not yet released we don't know what it is truly like. I definitely want something bigger than a 6 inch screen, but I'm starting to find my Kindle DX just a little bit too big.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote