View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
iRex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
...I went back Saturday to play with the txtr some more. It wasn't there, so I had a look at the DR800SG. The first bad impression was when I realized there was no slot for the Wacom stylus, and it went downhill from there.

The txtr folks came by shortly after I started. One wanted to make a video so it could be discussed back home, and I'm glad he did. I know from the time stamp on his video that the DR800 has a boot time of well over a minute.
Long-time problem.

See older review of iRex iLliad's slow boot, other problems, and customer service by a long-time owner of the device at
- AlexOnLinux

Quote:
The firmware is very limited in its abilities. I'm shocked at how much it couldn't do:
  • only one font size
  • can't draw on the screen
  • can't highlight
  • no font choices
  • dictionary didn't work
It should be able to allow one to write on a PDF though. Hmmm.

The 'edit' tools were not going to be 'ready' until 2010 but they weren't going to charge for adding them though they do with the 'DR1000S' model, an added $100 there.

Review of the DR1000S model and the 9 steps it takes to close a file in some instances.
- Paper tiger

Quote:
The DR800SG is not ready to be released, and there is no way it could have been released in late October. I can only conclude that the original release date was an outright lie on the part of Irex.
High hopes, usually and marketing vs engineers.

- Andrys

Last edited by andrys; 01-10-2010 at 09:59 AM.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote