Thread: Seriousness Prayers and Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Prayers and Thoughts

I have a twin brother (fraternal, thank God... I'd hate to have another man condemned with this mug). He has T-Cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, a virulent cancer. He's gone through several chemo-treatments including a port. This last chemo hit him pretty hard and less than a week later, he had a temp over 105.

His wife was able to help knock it down to 101, but by morning it had spiked again, so he was hospitalized. His kidneys are also infected and there is bacteria infecting in his bloodstream.

I was with him last night, and the docs gave him 20-25% of making it 24 hours. His numbers dropped a bit through the night, but were a bit higher by morning. The last I hears he was still stable, but the docs refuse to give my parents or his wife any more percentages until more time.

He has a daughter who will be 1 yr old in late Aug, as well as a son who will be 4 (who is actually my younger brothers kid, as he married my younger brothers wife after he passed away 2 1/2 years ago from complications brought on by the same cancer.)

Not sure how many MR'ers out there are "believers" of any kind, but I ask you to keep him and his family in your thoughts.

Thanks

gw
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote