View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #99
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
Wow I knew nothing about this Baen thing. I don't want to read any book from it. And no, it's not my loss.
You do realize that's a click-bait article written from a position of ignorance, right? That the 'journalist' hasn't actually bothered to do any journalism or fact-checking?

Baen publishes people like Mercedes Lackey, Lois McMaster Bujold and Eric Flint. Lackey and Bujold are actually two of their most famous authors. I cannot possibly see any way the Guardian writer can justify their statements except for blind prejudice.

AFAIK, Baen is one of the few publishers to openly support authors from all parts of the political spectrum. Including some really great writers (Elizabeth Moon's Paksenarrion series should be read by every fantasy fan) and some really terrible ones (Kratman - ugh, Lackey - ditto) and a bunch of middle of the road authors, like most publishers.

Last edited by Rbneader; 09-03-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote