View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 03:35 AM   #1
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Creating media.xml manually

Does anyone have an insight into how to build the media.xml file in reader memory manually? I can modify the file generated by the reader, but if I make my own file from scratch, it doesn't get used - the Reader simply rereads everything.

Specifically, I am interested in:

1) Which attributes of <xs1:text> need to be present? I hoped I could get by with id, path, title and author, but apparently that is not enough. I added date and size but still the file gets regenerated. The same after adding mime, status and sourceid. What else must I fill in?

2) It seems that id must be in sequential order for <xs1:text> but can contain any value for <xs1laylist> - the reader will change the IDs in playlist to make them sequential again, but they will work, while a <xs1:text> with a non-sequential ID gets deleted and replaced with a new one.

(The difference means that in the case of playlist with non-sequential ID the playlist retains all books while a book with non-sequential ID gets removed from any playlist it is in.)

Is that so?
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote