Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #1330
Dipsomaniac
Dipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You have had a response from a Kobo developer, but I am curious to know what database version is on the device. From what I have seen, this is updated by the desktop app before the update. If you haven't connected recently and tried to update the firmware, it might have issues.

A comment:

You do realize you are using this reader in a way that it is not designed to be used? It is designed to have the firmware updated in a particular manner. If you don't do that, any problems are at least partly of your own making.
The way that I updated the firmware is exactly how the release does it, unless Kobo has managed to completely change the game. Running firmware can't be updated. Nobody updating from 1.9.x to 2.1.4 has reported a two-stage update. Also, if the release process is that different from the beta install, how are they testing the release? Only internally? That would be poor.

Last edited by Dipsomaniac; 10-05-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Dipsomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote