View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
I don't disagree, though it's probably worth pointing out that all the arguments against Apple getting into the TV business (low-margin, commodity business with entrenched hardware suppliers and content providers) could equally be made against Apple getting into the mobile phone business 5 years ago.

But they did, and it seems to be working out quite nicely for them.

As for the article's "petite Apple TV screens in every corner of your home" well, surely that's what the iPad is - though I have been mulling over the usefulness of a larger iPad for in the home, something the size of a 13" Air, but all screen and battery; I think I'd be more inclined to buy that than a 7" iPad mini, personally.
Yeah, I could see a TV with iOS on it being successful. There are a lot of smart TVs and devices out there right now but nothing cohesive. iOS on a TV could be huge.

Apple products are kind of funny. On both the iPhone and iPad I just didn't get it. The iPhone was neat but way too limited in functionality when it came out to interest me. My Palm Treo at the time did so much more. The iPad seemed like an oversized smartphone. Why not just get a netbook that I can actually type on I thought? Both went on to be wildly successful. Shows what I know.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote