View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Don't be so sure. Unless the Beowulf is one that is directly taken from the old English (which is quite likely unreadable to most but the true fan) or from an old translation of the text, it is probably a recent adaptation in modern verse. If so, the copyright attaches to the translation as an original work of the translator who readapts the work. An example is the recent Seamus Heaney translation. Copying such a modern rendition would be a copyright infringement. If this site wishes to stay away from copyright infringement issues it should not allow content.

Now, insofar as PDF's, the problem is with the rendition of the text. The PDF fonts are rendered graphically and are hard to read. Moreover, the fonts are not scalable as with RTF and LRF (although the entire image can be slightly enlarged one level). Since I want the best experience for my eyes, PDF's ain't the way to go for me.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote