View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Iliad-BE: Free Memory

Hi,
I have received my iliad back from Irex. I am trying to install and use apps from the softwares list.

As part of this I tried to open some chm files(5+MB) using FBReader and all opened up like a charm. Though it was a bit awkward to use FBReader. Had to consult the PC version repeatedly.

I was wondering about the CHM filesize vs fbreader memory loading issue.

So far I havent hit up on this limit with CHM files. Tonight I will try to read the PHP manual as chm and mobi-converted.

On querying the iliad's free memory(free), i could find only 5MB was free.

Is this normal? Is there a bunch of not so important apps that can be stopped to give more free memory?

EDIT:
A small correction: On fresh boot, the iliad shows 18MB of free memory. So possibly some apps are left running. I did save a ps list. Will check on this later.

Thanks
hari

Last edited by rhari79; 04-20-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Correction/More Info.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote