View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
I'm hoping e-ink will survive as a niche product if nothing else. My Kindle 3 will need to be replaced sooner or later. I've read articles, etc. which suggest the idea of reading on a backlit screen causing eyestrain is a myth. It's real. I've tried reading on both a computer screen and on my Droid many times. Not fun. I get eystrain and headaches after 10 minutes. For some reason I don't have this problem with viewing video at all, and not nearly to the same degree with web browsing. For reading I'll always need some sort of non-backlit screen. The battery life issue and outdoor reading issue are huge factors as well. I'd sooner go back to p-books than read on a tablet.

My dream device would be a tablet/ereader hybrid about the size of a Kindle 3 but slimmer and lighter, with a 7-8 inch HD touch screen, that can switch between e-ink and LCD screen modes. Maybe one day, right?
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote