Thread: Price sensitive
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #22
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
$100 a year would be only 10 books at $9.99 or 20 at $4.99, I go through more books than that in a month.

I don't really see what one spends on a device has to do with what their willing to spend on a book either.
It has everything to do with the device if you are price sensitive.(it may not apply to you since you most likely spend $500-$1000 or more a year on books depending if you pay full price)

The device is what you read the books with, therefore it must be figured into what you spend yearly on books. I have seen lots of complaints over the last couple of years of e-book prices. So again if one can spend a hundred or more a year on a device to read books, I dont see why they should be price sensitive to paying for an ebook. For some reason people have no problem paying a hundred or more for the device, even upgrading within the year or owning several of them. But they dont want to pay $7-$10 for an ebook, of something they had no problem paying for in hardcopy, before ereaders.

I understand this does not apply to everyone. Some people do hold on to their devices for a couple of years or more and only have one. I am specifically talking about people who invest much into the devices yearly and than proceed to be sensitive about paying normal hardcopy prices for the ebooks.

Last edited by Tony1988; 10-03-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote