View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 12:45 AM   #59
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
I just make sure I get a format that is compatible with the 505 and I do not even have to worry about stripping the DRM. It saves me ALOT of headache. I can just load my books onto my reader, and I'm ready to read! 2 minutes to download them to the reader, as opposed to 30 minutes to strip, convert, and downloading...not to mention the time I would have to spend FIGURING OUT how to do it the first time. Not something I'm really interested in.
It takes less then a minute and the freedom of shopping anywhere you want is great. I buy a lot from CyberRead because they are great in constantly having 40% to 50% off coupons (so eventhough their priced seems high when the coupon is applied, they usually beat Amazon prices)! I buy Mobi and strip the DRM and put the books on my Kindle and PRS-505. I use to shop at the Sony store but once I learned how to format shift, I have not shop at Sony since August of 2008! I shop at Amazon, CyberRead, eHaqrlequin, and BooksOnBoard. I buy Mobi, Lit, and Epud; it really does not matter since I can format shift all 3. I don't like PDF because the reflow can make the book ugly but I would buy it 4th if the other 3 were not available. I guess the freedom in learning how to do this make it worth while. It can be frustrating and time consuming trying to learn it at first but once you do it's very simple and quick!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote