View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #31
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Margins, indents and font sizes are usually much better done with relative sizes like em or percentages. That way they will scale with the reader.
For things like indents, font sizes, etc. I can see/understand that, margins? If I set the margins to be relative (and not px), then if someone was to bump up the font size then the bigger they make it, the bigger my margins will be, too -- and the smaller the available text area as well. So you end up with bigger and bigger font sizes, and smaller and smaller text area, until... what? You'd end up with one word per line!

If you're going to set margins at all, wouldn't they be better done in px?

In that regard, I only have an ipad myself (apart from the ADE reader for PC, which I only just downloaded this morning), and in ibooks -- when you have it in the two-page landscape mode -- the viewing area is so small to begin with that I don't know why you would want to make it any smaller than it already is. I suppose there might be some contexts, but just for general "book reading" I can't imagine why anyone would want to (except, perhaps, for what I was thinking of doing before, using a background image on every page -- an idea which I've now scrapped).
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote