View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 05:52 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by leswgnr View Post
I had both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions installed on my win7 computer and all was working good. The notes said both versions could coexist. I then uninstalled the 32 bit version and while the catalog look's good, I can't view any of my books, not sure where they are supposed to be but my user\calibre folder is empty. I am getting various other errors including can't find pylib.zip in the (x86) program files/calibre folder .

What's my best course of action? I have all the original ebooks and can start from scratch if needed but of course would rather not.

Thanks,
Les
@leswgnr - to fix the viewer clean out the registry entries referring to Program Files (x86)\Calibre 2, then associate the ebook_viewer.exe in Program Files\Calibre 2 with whatever you want - ePUB etc. You must add any file associations to calibre programs manually, and if you remove a calibre program you should first remove any associations.

If you're not inclined to hack the registry by hand, I suggest you download CCleaner from the Piriform site and use its registry cleaner - I've used it on dozens of systems and its never created any problems, but its cleaned up quite a few.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote