View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #17
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

kyteflyer, glad to read your report! eReader really shines. Can Calibre do a mass, batch-conversion for you of epubs to pdbs?

I've been exploring other ebook readers as a substitute for Stanza (as my 2nd reader to join eReader) and boy, are they limited or glitchy!

What's with the Kindle app having to show text full justified? And, in iOS 5, it flips the screen 360 if screen rotation is locked. Hard to explain, but it spins the screen around once before settling in. And no color themes, and distracting visual effects on page turns.

iBooks lacks the night themes, so that's really an issue. And no instant page turns without effects either (IIRC).

I discovered something wonderful about iOS5. They've built dictionary support into the iOS. It's the marvelous unabridged New American Oxford Dictionary that comes with all Macs. Just hold down any word (try it first in Safari to see how this works) and you get a "Define" choice that takes you to the dictionary. How cool!

I even got it working in eReader by selecting a word, choosing Note, then selecting it again, then sliding the pop up over to Define. Cumbersome, but it provides a full-fledged dictionary for eReader!

Shubooks looked promising until I found that it's searching and table of contents move to were absolutely glitchy. It kept returning me to the same place in the text. Strange, as the search function itself would find the right text, it just couldn't jump to it.
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote