View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #21
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I really enjoyed reading this book. Before I began, I did some background reading about the time period and location, so I would have a better understanding of the context of the situations.

Here are some pictures of the area around that time. {Click on the picture to make it larger}
Thanks for the pictures and the long post It's the kind of life most of my ancestors would have had (almost all peasants), but perhaps because it's a story from a land far away, I didn't immediately think of it. Your post helped to remind me of it. My fathers old enough to remember having plowed with horses when he first went into service on a farm as a teenager.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote