View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #1778
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Yes, it's always good to shop around before you buy! I'm not sure about the NZ push as you say, I'm in Canada so generally our prices are much higher than US prices too.
That is why I was surprised. Paper books have always been much more expensive here, and to rub salt into the wound they would list the RRP for US and Canada or UK on the back, so I could see exactly how much I was being ripped off.

It is also interesting that Kobo charges in $NZ (so no credit card fees), but is not actually located "in" New Zealand and so their books can be sold tax-free in NZ. Kobo seem to be the only e-book retailer taking advantage of this. (If I buy from Amazon I have to pay to convert to $US, either in the form of a credit card fee or by accepting PayPal's bad exchange rates. If I buy from a local shop I have to pay 15% GST. Buying at Kobo I pay neither).

Last edited by GeoffR; 02-02-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote