View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I definitely prefer page breaks, and having a couple of lines doesn't bother me at all. Blank pages do, but I'm sure that's just lousy formatting.

If the author has chapters, then surely each one contains a certain amount of the story, usually for a particular time with a particular topic. The page break allows one to finish that topic before one starts on the next one.

If the story is told in one continuous flow why have chapter headings at all? If the story is broken up into segments why not clearly show the end of one segment and the start of the next?

Regards, Alex

Last edited by AlexBell; 06-09-2010 at 04:14 AM. Reason: typo fixed
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote