View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
It wouldn't be a matter of seconds, realistically. I'd say more likely weeks, but still not difficult.
amazon has the second largest server farm in the world I think (maybe its top 5. I havent checked in a while,)

in terms of prc to epub, they are nearly the same functionality wise on the inside. so they could create an automated prc to epub script and run it on every book in seconds. tech wise they would take their time, they are the largest seller of books. and they don't want to mess anything up.

but it wouldn't surprise me to know they already have the epub system worked out, and a kindle firmware with epub support.

we will see it when the time is right for them to do it.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote