View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #16
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius
OK, is there some way to ask everyone here to contribute to such a list, that's kept on this site? I'm pretty new to this group, and not as familiar with how things work here. But I'm pretty sure I alone couldn't find every instance where the Connect store is charging near-hard cover prices for books out in paperback. I assume that most everyone here will probably find out what a "printed" price is for the books they plan on purchasing from Connect, so if we could somehow compile that list here, we'd probably get a pretty good idea of how things are going.

Then if someone (Bob Russell?) actually has a contact at Sony we could provide the list to, say after a month, maybe they'd be willing to take a look? I suppose I could just try emailing it to the Connect store Help folks if no one has a better destination.
That's a great idea, Morbius. I will start another thread for the purpose of listing e-books at the Sony Connect online e-book store, with prices that seem out of line -- books that are available in paperback but are priced as if they are hardback equivalents.

I'll post the URL in this thread when it's available. We'll leave this thread open for a place to vent about pricing complaints and discussion, and try to keep the other thread "clean" with items that I'll pass to Sony after a period of time. Maybe in pieces as they collect.

I can't promise any pricing changes, but I do believe that Sony is interested in keeping prices in line as much as we are. And as we frequently remind everyone, publishers set the prices, so any pricing changes will be up to them. But it's a great idea to make them aware of where there might be some legitimate pricing concerns at the store.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote