Thread: Mobi question
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I got the Discworld books off Fictionwise in .lit. I used Convert Lit to make them HTML, then used MobiPocket Creator to make them Mobi's. So far so good. However, when I read them, the first two or three footnotes are borked and give me footnotes from the back of the book. Pretty much on each of them.

1) What did I do wrong?

2) How do I fix it? Preferably without command line programs, because that stuff scares the bejeezus outta me. (Think Flying Monkeys.)

'K Thnx.
Hi shrink

It might well be the intermediate html that f...s up your code. Could be that the links in the lits were relative, the conversion having turned them absolute. That happens sometimes. The only real solution is handy work, checking those footnotes one by one in the html, I'm afraid.

Does it help you a lot when I'm saying that I have been through that more than once?

Ok, thought not.

Have fun anyway!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote