View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
[QUOTE=flyfisher33;3029596]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Thanks JSWolf, I'd reduce the resolution from 300 to 150, cuts the ePub down to a little over 18MB. Can't see I'd have much choice if KDP rejects the file as too large. There are no savings in the html files, the images (photos and illustrations) are 99% of the file size.

Paul
And you cut down the resolution and you make it look crappy on newer high resolution devices such as the PW2 and the Voyage. I've seem images be too small for old Readers such as the Kindle Touch (800x600) and imagine the same too small images being displayed on a higher resolution screen. You need high enough resolution images such that it will display well on all portable devices.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote