View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
BTW, another really good food with bacillus probiotics is REAL brine fermented pickles. I *LOVE* home-made [cucumber] pickles. (not vinegar based, but fermented)
This is interesting to me. I didn't know there was such a thing and I make regular pickles (vinegar/canned). But I'm not that fond of my own recipe because I don't put in enough sugar. I wonder if some of the Japanese pickles were brined/fermented. They must have been because I could never figure out the taste.

Do you have any recipes for these? I don't have cucumbers right now, but am likely to have them come late spring. Sometimes I grow so many I can't eat them all and other years I get one or two. Last year was a bad year so I expect this year to be a good one!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote