View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Check our site for many of these - they're free.

I'm a huge fan of Wilkie Collins, who wrote many gothic mysteries.

Most of tihe books you mention I have read, when I was working on my Ph.D in English Literature.

"The Monk" is an especially labyrinthine tale, and a wonderful read. [Correction: I was thinking of "Melmoth The Wanderer," by Charles Maturin - a wonderful gothic novel, full of twists and tales-within-tales.]

Don
Did you have any difficulty keeping track of what was going on when you read it? I have this in paperback but I haven't gotten around to reading it * --partly because it seems a little intimidating when you pick up a random page and find the tale of a completely different character.

* My TBR pile is large both physically and virtually.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote