Thread: Tablet upgrade tablet to HD?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Personally, I haven't found any of the 7" tablets released since the Nook Color to be enticing enough for me to upgrade, but I did end up going for a Nook HD+ to get more and sharper real estate for my comics and magazines. The HD+ is a unique value right now in middlin-to-large tablets, whereas the HD doesn't stand up well to the Nexus 7 IMO--the screen is somewhat better, but not by a huge margin, and there's a card slot. The N7, on the other hand, has more powerful innards and stock Android, along with a full sensor array and standard micro-USB jack and cable.

I will say the stock interface on my HD+ has some pros--I wish I could have the "recent" widget from Nook but the recent apps interface from stock ICS/JB. If you don't use your tablet for much except web browsing and B&N content, I guess it wouldn't matter whether you get a HD or a Nexus. If anything, if I were still interested in the 7" market, I would spring for the $299 Nexus 7 with an AT&T data connection.

ETA: my 1000th post
32gb for $299 nook hd + I feel is better for me personally considering very good resolution and form factor I like. Tried the new ipad, too much money and while it isn't big or heavy, I like the nook better.

I feel initially their store is good enough for starters and I can get some b&n perks as well. I rather go that route since I already have a nexus 7 so this purchase would offer me something different.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote