View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #89
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Yes. My SQL is rather rusty and I wasn't able to get it to work by attaching the trigger to the font settings table (content_settings), so I added it to the Bookmark table instead, hence the 'kludge' description.
Yes the description "kludge" is very accurate. I wonder why the trigger on the content_settings table didn't work.
Quote:
After the trigger is added (simple one-time hack), the process for any book is
  • set the various font settings sliders to 'unwanted unusable' values (e.g. min. font-size, max. line space).
  • create new bookmark to force trigger to fire, (changes 'unwanted' values to 'wanted' values in content_settings)
  • exit book/re-enter book (new font values will be read)
  • delete bookmark (or not)
I have considered creating a new thread to discuss the wisdom of doing this and give a detailed step-by-step if required, but I'm unsure how 'safe' this hack is if Kobo do an automatic upgrade to the database whilst the trigger is in-situ. I'm happy to take the risk for myself but I don't know whether advocating the addition of an SQL trigger would be considered as 'irresponsible' hacking.
Have you looked at what they are doing in the developers forum? This is pretty tame. But it fits in the "don't try this at home"
category.

I can't decide what will happen when you update. I don't think anything, but the trigger might disappear.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote