View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The linux kernel has filesystem notify support, so you would be notified everytime a file/directory is changed and you could rescan it and update the relevant portions of the cache. Seems to me like a much more efficient system than scan on demand.
Do you know about applications that uses this notify support?

I still think that your solution leads to more complex code and more possibilties for strange bugs. If I designed a system I would avoid a cache if I could.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote