View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Angie* View Post
Hello! I'm new to posting, but have been doing a lot of reading the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping to order my first reader this week or next, but I find myself in a never ending back and forth between the 300 and the 505. Usually when it comes to buying a new gadget the right option jumps out at me fairly quickly after a bit of research, but this decision has me feeling unusually indecisive.

So, I'm hoping that those of you who already have the 300 can maybe help make up my mind

I think my biggest hold up is in regards to the available covers/cases. Does anyone know of any 3rd party covers available for the 300 at this time? I'm disappointed that it doesn't come with a cover like the 505 does, and I'm not willing to pay $40 for the Sony option (which is the only option I've been able to find online). Or, even whether the 300 would fit into any of the 3rd party covers that are available for the 505? I haven't seen any of these in person, so I don't really know how the readers are attached to the covers to know if that's even an option.

That said, does anyone have a photo of the neoprene sleeve that comes with the 300? After much digging, I haven't managed to find a photo anywhere online.

Thanks so much!
I've already ordered the Sony cover.
In the meantime (delivery will take about 10 days, it's not available yet) I'm using the sleeve PLUS (when having it in my bag and risking damage to the screen) an additional neoprene pouch for further protection.
It's a generic, oversized 9" pouch able to cover Kindle DX. I use it for all units smaller than Kindle DX and basically just fold the spare ends. Doesn't look great, but it's an additional layer of protection and the Sony 300 can't slip out of his sleeve.
That's my main concern about the sleeve: A pen easily could enter the sleeve and scratch the screen. Or the unit simply could slip from the sleeve and the display could break within a bag or suitcase.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote